The School Choice application window for 2018-19 school year is now closed.
The application window was January 5th – March 1st.
Thank you for your application. All applications will be reviewed and processed accordingly, depending on the selection you have requested. If you applied for one of our fantastic magnet programs, the magnet schools will have their committee’s meet to review applications and determine the qualifying winners. If you have applied for multiple magnet programs; you will get a letter letting you know the outcome of each application, as well as how to make your selection, if approved for all programs requested. If you have applied for sibling support, grandfathering or employee choice; once the information is confirmed; your application will be completed. If you applied for a school that is at/over capacity, your application will be processed by lottery. The lottery will be conducted the week of March 5-9, 2018.
Due to the high volume of calls, we recommend you wait for your letter to let you know the final status of your application. Unfortunately the School Choice office will not know the status of your application, until after all actions have been completed. Letters will be mailed as soon as the process has been finalized.
ALL applicants will be mailed a letter by March 30th.
The School Choice Application is for:
- Over to Under Capacity – Any student assigned to a school that is over capacity may attend any school under capacity.
- Sibling Support – The sibling must be attending the school the same year as the requested reassignment.
- Grandfathering - The last 2 years of elementary, last year of middle, last year of high school or your current school is under capacity.
- McKay - McKay option is based on the availability of the program(s), services and classroom capacity. The student must have an Individual Education Plan (IEP) or Section 504 accommodation plan
The Hardship Application is for:
- When the student has a documented economic or medical condition and request to attend another school other than their home zoned school. Hardship exceptions shall be granted based upon a case-by-case review and school capacity availability at the requested school. Hardship applications are reviewed by the hardship committee on the second Thursday of each month. Please submit your application one week prior to the meeting.